There are times when someone calls for a temple recommend interview at the last minute. Dave is so busy sometimes that it bothers me that people aren't more prepared. Well, Heavenly Father does have a way of teaching us lessons, especially when we've been "judgmental" of someone else. He has eyes and ears everywhere taking notes!!
I was getting ready to head to the gym early in the morning when Dave said he'd had an "oh no" moment the night before. Two of his co-workers were getting married in the Bountiful Temple, and he had a terrible feeling that my recommend had expired. I thought - oh no - and went to check, and yep - that's right, it expired at the end of February. He asked me what I wanted to do, and I said - let me think about it. My pride said I would not call for an emergency interview so I first thought I'd go to the temple with him but just sit in the car while he went to the wedding. However, after thinking about it while at the gym I decided I would like to go. Getting an interview with the bishop wasn't a problem, he gave it to me right then. The problem was getting one with the stake president. It was about 7:20 a.m. Friday morning and the wedding was at 9:30 a.m. What should I do? Pride was still an issue, but I had to swallow it (not a very tasty breakfast today!!) and he called the 2nd counselor in the stake presidency. He was more than willing to meet me at the church around 8:00 (did I mind if he wasn't dressed up since he was on his way to work?) Oh my goodness, did I mind? Heck no, he was doing me a HUGE favor - I wouldn't have cared if he was in his grubbiest clothes he owned!! So, pride swallowed, recommend renewed, we headed to the temple. It was a very nice wedding and I was glad we both went.
Remember, however - Karma will get you sooner or later, so watch what you say (or even think!!)
















No comments:
Post a Comment