Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day


First a story, then another "bleak" Christmas!

Kelbee and Raimee

Brylee and Taylor

Abby and Lizzy

Like father, like son - new hats!

Todd's new goggles for snowboarding, Jeff's golf club covers.

Brie's a Taylor Swift fan, Tonya loves to decorate her house.

Dave has hundreds of slides - family pictures from when he was younger, hunting, etc. I put some of them on a CD for him. Tonya and Brad gave me part of a Jim Shore nativity - I collect nativities.

Krysta picked hers out so she's not as surprised as she seems! Brian also knew what he was getting, but at least I know then they'll like them and keep them.

Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness were a focus for gifts this year.
Missy talking to Mitch, Brian clearing snow off the tramp. We noticed while fixing dinner that the middle was drooping down about a foot, so he went off to clear it off and turn it over. This shows how much snow we had by Christmas.

Dinnertime!
I had to work JetBlue from 7:00-1:00 today, but I did get off a little early. I'm glad I did because Todd had to work at 2:30 so that didn't leave alot of time inbetween for the opening of gifts. We take turns opening gifts and open them one at a time so everyone can see what that person received. The missionaries joined us for the opening of gifts.
The highlight for everyone was being able to visit with Mitch. We each got a turn talking to him. His mission president didn't care who they talked to or for how long, as long as it wasn't charged to the church. Mitch buys a phone card in Canada and can talk for quite a long time on it. We're definitely looking forward already to next Christmas when he'll be home with us.

No comments: