Shelly Weber (one of my football moms friends) won last year's 100 Day Heart Challenge sponsored by Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. She's healthier now, she lost weight, and looks GREAT! So, when she emailed me and mentioned they were doing it again this year and that they were accepting applications, I thought I'd at least apply. We had to write a 50 word or less statement as to why we wanted to do it and also had to commit to 12 weeks of nutrition classes at 7:30 every Wednesday morning and exercise 6 days a week. I applied and today was notified that I was one of the 15 women chosen to participate in this year's challenge. (There were 100 applicants.) I was suprised because I really didn't think I'd get picked, but I'm very excited. I've been wanting to get going again on losing weight, eating better, and exercising again. I think this will be the incentive I've needed to get me jumpstarted and keep me motivated. Anyone who knows me very well knows I can be very competitive! I'd like to be this year's winner, but even if I don't win the challenge, I still win. I'll be healthier and hopefully thinner. It's supposed to go till the end of May, so I'll keep you posted!
















1 comment:
I'm so proud of you. You're inspiring me to be better! Thanks for the silent encouragement for all of us.
Post a Comment