Our monthly get-together was at the new Olive Garden in American Fork. Lena showed off the blanket she made for Braden and had embroidered - the blanket actually has 3 colors and is a replica of the German flag.
A couple of funny conversations - Jechelle's son Tabor is serving in Argentina and was serving with his 2nd mini-missionary. We asked what a mini-missionary is and apparently it's a priest-age young man that serves and lives the life of a missionary with the full-time missionary. I think they're only together through one transfer (6 weeks) but to have 2 in a row doesn't seem fair. Anyways, one of the lovely ladies (won't mention which one) hadn't heard her explain what a mini-missionary is, so she got in on the last part of the conversation and asked "is he a midget?" We all burst out laughing at that one, but at the same time you can see why she'd ask that if she hadn't heard everything!
We were talking about food storage and I mentioned Krysta's ward's performance of the Ten Virgins and I said I wanted to be prepared, I don't want to have to look at the Lord and say - could you hold on for a couple of hours while I run out and get the things we need. I'll be right back. Nosiree, I want to be one of the 5 prepared virgins to which one of these dear ladies replied - I hate to tell you this but you're not a virgin!!
As we were talking about wheat and having to grind it, etc, another one of these dear friends asked if you could buy pre-ground wheat. 2 of us looked at her and said - it's called flour. Oh yeah, that's why we love to get together. We laugh alot, and can laugh at ourselves and each other.
While we were sitting waiting for everyone to arrive, a gal that was in our ward in Provo about 20 years ago was also there and she'd just published a cookbook. She was pretty excited about that - she'd been working on it for 6 years. It's a beautiful-looking book. (I'm telling you - she hasn't aged in 20 years!!)
















No comments:
Post a Comment