Tonight was our dinner honoring the participants of the heart challenge. Everyone looked so good. The food was delicious - we had a choice of salmon, chicken, or beef, and the best part was I didn't have to cook it or clean up afterwards!!.
There were a few speakers, and then the announcement of the winner. Traci and Janet called each one of us up and said a few words about us, our results, etc. It was so interesting to hear Traci tell about the accomplishments of each woman. Some were remarkable, but all were impressive as improvements were made in each woman's life.
After most of them had gone up to the front and received their flowers and bag of goodies, I looked around the room and realized there were only a couple of us left. They called both of us up at the same time. Then they proceeded to tell us they could do this where they left us in suspense as to which one was the winner (like American Idol) or they could have us stand there with not much on in front of everybody (like on The Biggest Loser) but instead they mentioned a few things about both of us. They went back and forth between the two of us, so I really had no idea until they said that Mandy Swallow was the 3rd place winner, Carma Beaumont (who wasn't there that evening) was the 2nd place winner, and I took 1st place. I was thrilled. They asked me to say a few words, which I was totally unprepared to do. Then they presented me with the 5 $100 Visa gift cards, flowers, and my little bag of goodies.
I am so thankful for the people that spearhead this whole heart challenge - Janet, Traci, Jalaine, and the others. It must be very rewarding for you to see all the achievements and results. I wish the next group of participants good luck on their path. A new group made up of hospital employees starts Monday. To those who will be involved next year in the 100-Day Heart Challenge, I hope it's as awesome an experience for you as it was for all of us. Good luck to you.
To my family and friends - thanks again for all your support. I'm so grateful for my own accomplishments and results, and I know a big part of my final success was because of you being there urging me on. To the other participants - good luck as you continue to reach your final goals and continued success in the changes you've made in your personal lives. I was blessed to get to know each of you. Thanks too to my trainer Dylan - I appreciate your pushing me and teaching me.Overall - this was a wonderful experience and I'm so thankful to have been able to participate.
















No comments:
Post a Comment