Saturday, May 30, 2009

Race for the Red


Me and the ladies from the Heart Challenge
Today was the 5K Race for the Red. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful course. It went alongside Provo River and the sound of the water was so soothing. I was hoping to run the whole way, but after the first couple of miles I had to walk a little and then start running again. I'll bet that out of the 3.1 miles I was able to run about 2.75 miles. That in itself is an accomplishment. Maybe the next one I'll be able to run even farther and eventually I'll actually run a whole one! I was able to take 1st in my age group (and yes, there was more than just me in that age group). I was excited about that and I was excited about my finish time.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You are AWESOME! I am so proud of you!