Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

L-R: Brian, me, Krysta, Missy, Brie
I am so blessed to be a mother, and especially a mother to the children Heavenly Father sent to us. The kids and Dave fixed dinner for me - it was very nice not to have to plan, prepare, and clean up after (although after fixing a Sunday dinner I usually don't have to clean up). Krysta and family, Missy and family, Brian and Brie were all here, and I talked to Tonya and Mitch. This is the last time Mitch will be calling home for Mother's Day or Christmas. He'll be home soon.
I received wonderful and thoughtful gifts and am so thankful for each one of them. Every one of them I knew that the giver had picked or made them specifically for me and I was very touched by them.
There are times when I feel I've fallen short of not only my own expectations of motherhood, but also of what others expect of me. However, on a day like today, I feel like I've been successful in many of the things I've tried to teach, preach, and be an example of. Heaven knows I'm far from perfect, but I can honestly say I have tried my hardest to be a good mother to these children. I've always said that I hope they take the things they like from me and incorporate them into their lives, and the things they don't like they'll try to improve upon in their own parenting. I can also honestly say that no one loves them more than I do (Dave may be on par with me, but doesn't love them more!!)
I am thankful that Families are Forever. I'm also thankful for this beautiful gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches that and so many other wonderful principles. I've truly been blessed in this life.

No comments: