I turned into the driveway between Walgreen's and Sonic in Pleasant Grove to get gas at Macey's. I was headed west and didn't think anything of it - EVERYONE does it. I noticed in the window in the store ahead of me blue and red blinking lights. I thought - I haven't seen those there before - they must be having some kind of promotion. Yeah right - guess I should have looked behind me!!
I pulled up next to the gas pump and that's when I noticed Mr. Copper behind me with his lights flashing, etc. I honestly didn't see him before that. Talk about oblivious! Anyway, he asked me for my license, registration, and insurance. Wouldn't you know, we just changed insurance companies and I didn't have th card with me. He told me to stay in the car. I asked him if I could pump my gas while he did his business, but he told me he preferred me not to. Wow, this is great. It's about 5:00 in the afternoon, I'm sitting with a cop with flashing lights behind me, at one of the busiest intersections in PG. Sweet! He finally gave me my ticket - for crossing the median. Apparently there are double yellow lines where I turned in so it's like crossing a cement median or a grassy median. But, he told me I could go to traffic school. Lucky me!
Total cost of the ticket - $142. Lesson learned by me, but I do a slow burn every time I see people doing the exact same thing I did and of course, there's no cops around then. He told me they were cracking down because of the number of accidents there. Hmmm, didn't know there'd been a lot of accidents there.
Oh well, I was in the wrong. I'll make a point of it not to turn in there again and try to warn anyone I can not to do the same. The thing that makes me the maddest - for those of you familiar with that intersection - I'd been in the turn lane to go onto Pleasant Grove Blvd, but the turn light was red but the straight-through light was green. If I'd stayed where I was originally there would have been no ticket. When will I learn to listen and heed that little voice?!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment