Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stripling Warriors!

L-R: Tabor Secretan (Cordoba Argentina), Cameron Meacham (Utica New York), Cameron Kirby (Vancouver Canada), Ben Gerun (Seattle Washington), Zach Brady (Riverside California), Mitch Clarine (Halifax Canada), Sean McClean (in front of Mitch - Lisbon Portugal), Braden Frampton (Berlin Germany), Ty Keetch (Joan Passoa Brazil)
In the fall of 2006 Mitch was on the high school football team. After one of the games we got a picture of several of the players together. Soon after graduation they started serving 2 year missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Today I went to the "homecoming" of Cam Meacham. He is the 2nd to last one of the group to come home after successfully completing their mission (Sean still has 9 months). I love this picture by Rob Kirby, Cam Kirby's dad.
These are great young men and they are all going to be assets to society during their lifetimes (that includes you too, T-Web). It's been interesting to see them leave as 19 year-old boys and return as men. They've grown and changed and matured in so many areas and in other areas they're still the wonderful person they were before they left. They're still fun and affectionate (love those hugs I get each time I see one of them), but now they're focused on their futures as they go to school, work, and look for their eternal companion.
Listening to Cam speak in church today I could tell that his testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ has grown leaps and bounds and that he really got to know the Savior and Heavenly Father while serving. I truly love each one of them and the great example they are to each other and to the rest of us.

No comments: