On a recent trip I took my purse along - no biggie right? But, I got really tired of carrying it everywhere I went. I realized I had a bunch of junk in there that I didn't need, especially on a trip. I decided I would find a smaller purse that I would use just for traveling. I found this "pewter"-colored one at Kohl's - on sale to boot. My camera fits in one pocket perfectly, my phone in the other. It also has 2 zippered areas - one that our checkbook and a small notebook will fit into (our passports too, if needed), the other has room for credit cards, cash, and change. The long strap allows me to put it over my shoulder so my hands are free to do whatever. I love it!
Then the zipper on the wallet I have used for a few years now broke. I really liked that wallet, but apparently it was out-dated!! Time for a new wallet, so I headed back to Kohl's and found this one - also on sale. Score!! (I'd bought one at Target but it wasn't big enough to hold what I needed in it so I took it back.) I like this one even better than the one that broke. Only problem is - I don't remember where I put things. It's got more slots and nooks and crannies than the old one did and I don't remember what I put where! Guess it'll take me awhile to get used to it.
The last time we traveled by plane I discovered that the tote I used for my personal item was getting very worn. It has been many places and I guess it's tired of traveling. Dave needed something to use as a personal item (you're allowed one carryon and one personal item to take onboard with you), so we started looking at backpacks. He found these on clearance on REI's website so we each got one. We're going to take these with us when we go to Hawaii in November - 6 1/2 weeks before we leave.
















No comments:
Post a Comment