Thursday, September 23, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard!!

I love cherry Coke - always have. As I've been watching my caloric intake I decided perhaps it would be better to drink diet sodas - at least once in awhile. I found Cherry Coke zero - Yahoo! I could have the taste without having the calories.
However, as church members we've been advised not to drink caffeine because it is habit-forming and not healthy for us. I have decided now it's time to start living right again! So, I made a pledge to myself Sunday night to not drink anymore caffeinated drinks. Wouldn't you know, Monday I totally forgot about that pledge and drank some Diet Coke when offered to me at work. I also drank some of Brian's Pepsi Tuesday night. Wow - I didn't even make it one day!! So, I'm concentrating more on remembering my pledge, and have gone 2 whole days now!!
Interesting side note: when we lived in Minnesota (and after I'd joined the church) I NEVER drank caffeine. In fact, when Tonya was in 3rd grade she had a field day at the high school football field. It was a hot spring and the only drinks they had available for the kids were caffeinated drinks. She went without drinking anything because she'd been taught not to drink caffeine. We moved to Utah just a short time later, and after we lived here for awhile I started drinking caffeinated drinks again.

No comments: