Sunday, October 3, 2010

Girls Night Out

Trying to get 7 children to cooperate during picture-taking is not an easy task, and I didn't accomplish it in this picture! The girls seem to love getting their picture taken, but not so with Branson. He hides frequently!
I had to take this picture quick because Branson wasn't aware I still had my camera out!
While the menfolk of the family go to the priesthood session of conference, we girls in the family have a Girls Night Out. It used to be we'd go out to dinner and maybe do some shopping, but as there have gotten to be more of us, the girls have chosen to not go out but to order supper and eat it our house (that way they don't have to battle the kids while eating out). It's actually worked out better because the kids can eat and then play with each other without having to be "good" all the time.
This year Tonya is back in the state (after being gone for 5 years while they were at school and then Brad was working for a year in Iowa). She invited us up to her house and she made salad and ordered pizza. We fed the kids first and then they went downstairs to play while we ate and visited. I'm so grateful for the daughters and grandchildren I have been blessed with and that we're able to spend this special time together. This year our niece Amanda was able to join us also.
After priesthood was over every Butterfield male over the age of 12 (including the only son-in-law) stopped in to the house for a quick minute. There were 11 of them that had gone to priesthood together and were now going out to eat together. That was awesome to see them all together - teens, adults, and Grandpa Jim.
Dave and Mitch and Jeff went together after priesthood session to Texas Roadhouse in Lehi. It was Mitch's first time to eat at Texas Roadhouse - oh yeah, he's hooked!! 2 of Jeff's friends joined them there also (Brian had gone to Logan to watch it with a couple of his friends up north.)
I am thankful for the men in my life that honor their priesthood and always try to be worthy of it.

No comments: