Sunday, September 7, 2008

Contrasts and Similarities

It's interesting to note both the contrasts and similarities between my 2 jobs. I work with the computer and phone with both jobs in an "office", make appointments/reservations, get paid about the same, and work mornings. However, working at LDS Family Services I "have" to do my hair and put on my make-up, drive about 25 minutes to and from work, and am required to wear a dress/skirt and pantihose. Working for JetBlue I can wear my jammies, still have "bed hair", don't have to worry about make-up or even brushing my teeth before heading downstairs to work! I enjoy working with and helping people and both jobs give me the opportunity to do that. I'm finding that I'm accomplishing more now, too, working both jobs because I have a "limited" amount of free time, so I try to make the most of it. When not working or only working one job, I "loafed" around more because I knew I had plenty of time to complete a task or project.

No comments: