Tonya, Krysta, Brie, and I all decided to run the Lavendar Days 5K at Young Living Farm near Mona, UT at the end of June (Missy decided she'd rather sleep in than spend her time running!!) We had Brylee and Abby with us too. It was a perfect morning - not too hot, not too cold, the sun was shining, and the course was FLAT!
The girls all thought I was being helpful by pushing the stroller. Heck no - the darn thing was keeping me standing up!!! Look at those fields of lavendar - so beautiful.
Ha - we made it! Since I had the stroller with the babies - and Tonya and Krysta's numbers - they couldn't finish until I caught up with them. This was not my fastest run this summer (I did the Run for Ryan on Memorial Day and the PG Strawberry Days run - came in 2nd in my age group in that one). The 2 gals that had run near us most of the race kicked it in high gear right before the finish line because they didn't want "the grandma with the babies finishing before them"!! (That's because they were much younger and prettier than me!)
Since this was a celebration of sorts they had different activities - boutique, pony rides, food, and this big slide. Tonya, Krysta, and Brie couldn't resist! Ah, they're still young at heart! You don't see any pictures of this big chicken - well come on, someone had to stay with the babies!!
We plan to run this one again next year - we really liked the way it was organized and run - but we're going to make sure Missy joins us, and - the dads, too, so they can take care of the kids while we run. Guess that means I won't be able to use the stroller as a crutch!! Oh yeah - on the way home we (I, since I was the one driving) decided to drive through the polygamist colony near Mona. Very interesting! Several of the homes were one dwelling with 2 2-car garages in the middle and the house part on the outside (the wives/families were separated by the garages!) Other homes were huge and had more bedrooms than some motels!
1 comment:
That sure was a lot of fun!! I'm looking forward to it next year.
Post a Comment