Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thank goodness they're over!




I don't know about you, but I'm glad the Olympics are over so I can get some sleep at night!! I love gymnastics - always have. Little-known fact I'll bet that most of you didn't know. I won a gold medal when 8 years old for a state-wide AAU competition for floor exercise. We didn't have the beam, uneven bars, or vault available to us back then, but the big city clubs were expecting to win all the medals so when this little upstart from the northwoods won the gold they weren't very happy!! Today these Olympic athletes - both male and female - from all sports should be applauded. They are very talented and have spent many, many hours of practicing and have experienced successes and failures. I loved watching the gymnastics - the girls are so graceful and the guys - ooh, what bods!! Is there anything any of us can say about Michael Phelps? I was a fan of his in 2004, and even more of a fan this year. He really gave us something to cheer about. I also enjoyed watching the beach volleyball and the diving. Some sports I wasn't even interested in but watched anyway - these are the best of the best!

No comments: