Friday, August 29, 2008

Never say never!

I got a call one Monday at work from Kelbee. It went like this:
Nammi, can we get a trampoline – please, please, please? (And in the background I hear Yeah, Nammi, can we get a trampoline, please, please please?)
I told her I’d have to talk to Papi. On my way home from work I got a voicemail that said: Nammi, this is Kelbee. I’m calling from your bedroom phone. I’m just wondering if you’ve had a chance to talk to Papi yet about getting a trampoline. You can call me back on your bedroom phone. (When I got home I found my cell phone number written in her handwriting sitting on the night stand next to the phone.)
When Dave got home I told him about the phone calls (the grandkids were surrounding him, jumping up and down – can we Papi, can we?) (When the kids were younger we always said - no way, no how when asked if they could get a tramp. So, I just "knew" Dave would say no to her.) Imagine my surprise when he said - you want a tramp? Well, let's call Costco and see how much they are. They didn't have one but Sports Authority did, so by the end of the evening, we had a nice new big tramp in the back yard. The elders stopped by to talk to Dave about something before one of their appointments and 'just happened to have extra time before the appointment' and were quite willing to help put the tramp together. It was so funny – after they’d gotten it all put together, without looking at each other or even talking about it, they both took off their shoes and jumped on and jumped for awhile!

1 comment:

bweeskis said...

We now know that if we want something we don't just ask for it for years. We stick the grandkids on it!