Friday, August 29, 2008

My Favorite Things


We got the idea for My Favorite Things from my friend Terry. She and her daughters got together once a year to exchange something that was their favorite from the year - it could be homemade or store-bought. I loved the idea and the girls and I incorporated it into our lives. We originally started doing it at Christmastime, but this year we did it when Tonya and Brad were here in June, and that worked out very nicely. We didn't have the Christmas crunch to contend with (or the Christmas money or time squeeze). Tonya gave us fabric totes with our name embroidered on it, Krysta made us each a pint of homemade hot fudge, Brie gave us all the DVD "Little Women", and Missy and I went together and put money towards FitFlops for each of us. We love getting together - just the girls (although this year we had grandkids along too) - and we look forward to what the favorite thing will be for this year.

No comments: