Saturday, August 30, 2008

Visit to Mom's

The Crew
Front: Lizzy, Branson, Krysta
Middle: Jeff, Missy (with Taylor), Dave, Tonya (with Abby) Ruth, Barb, Brie
Back: Brad
Mom and I. We spent the second night in Minnesota at Mom's in Bemidji and had a very nice visit. While we were there, the kids went to the North Shore of Lake Superior (Goosberry Falls and Split Rock Lighthouse)with their aunts and uncles and cousins. Friday we met at The Hungry Moose outside of Walker, MN for lunch. We were so glad we did because about a week after we got back, Mom got pancreatitis and had to have her gall bladder removed. She ended up in intensive care for 6 days but is home and doing well now.
The Girls
(L-R: Tonya, Brie, Ruth, Barb, Krysta, Missy)
We took advantage of the photo op for another "sisters" picture. (Whenever the girls are together someplace special or different they like to get a picture of the 4 of them together.)
Looking at Mom's house (look close at the top of the hill) from the lake. She took us for a ride on the pontoon around Grant Lake. It was a wonderful day - slight breeze, but comfortable as far as temperature. We actually got pretty warm and ended up swimming farther down the shoreline. I can't stand weeds, and the bottom where we went swimming had weeds on it, and the only way I would get in is if I could use her crocs and not have to actually step on a weed. I know, I'm a baby, but I've always been that way. I'm not exactly a "water baby" so for me to even get in was a big deal! I'd much rather sit and soak up the rays, but those rays eventually made me hot enough to jump in. Besides, the horseflies and deerflies were really annoying, and weren't as bothersome when we were in the water.
I love the sound of the loon, so I was very happy (and surprised) when on our trip around the lake we spotted these loons. It was amazing that they let us get as close to them as we did.

No comments: