Friday, August 29, 2008

Mitch Passes 1 Year!

We can hardly believe that on July 25 we reached the one year mark! In all honesty, I have to say it's gone by really fast. I know the 2nd year goes even faster, but right now it still seems a long ways away before we'll all be together again.
Our plan is to go to Nova Scotia next summer to pick him up and to tour the areas he's been in. Right now he's still in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and is a zone leader. From pictures he's sent home, the area is absolutely beautiful. However, it's quite far from the mission home in Halifax, NS, so we're not sure if it's an area we'll be able to travel to or not. I'm hoping that before he's done he will end up on Prince Edward Island so we can go to Anne of Green Gables house. Even if he doesn't serve there, we will plan to visit there. The house really does exist, and since that is one of my very favorite TV shows, I'd love to be able to visit it. I work with a gal who's son is serving in the same mission and is currently on PEI, and he sent her a picture of the house.

No comments: