Thanksgiving Point near Lehi, UT had $2 Tuesdays in the month of August. I decided I'd take advantage of that the last Tuesday in August. I grabbed my camera and headed to the gardens. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous, and I was glad I had my camera with me to not only capture the beauty but I decided it was a good idea to have it with me in case I saw flowers I didn't know the name of but would like to add to my own garden. By taking pictures, I am now able to either look the flower up in a book or take the picture to the nursery and find out what the name is. I took about 50 pictures - everything was SO pretty. I really felt like I'd died and gone to heaven for awhile as I walked the paths and admired the flowers. My dream is to someday have a wonderful flower garden - similar, but on a much smaller scale! My first order of business will be to get good dirt! I have a really good variety of perennials in my beds now, but this summer they didn't fare so well. I worked mornings and by the time I got off work it was too hot to weed, so the weeds kind of took over. After going to Thanksgiving Point, I made time to weed my flower beds and they look much better. We're going to take a good look at the sprinkler system soon to see what flowers I need to move around for next year so the tall ones near the sprinkler heads won't get all the water and keep the others from getting the necessary watering. I do enjoy gardening, and it is relaxing for me to weed and then admire the result of my hard work (and sweat - I hate to sweat!!)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Thanksgiving Gardens
Thanksgiving Point near Lehi, UT had $2 Tuesdays in the month of August. I decided I'd take advantage of that the last Tuesday in August. I grabbed my camera and headed to the gardens. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous, and I was glad I had my camera with me to not only capture the beauty but I decided it was a good idea to have it with me in case I saw flowers I didn't know the name of but would like to add to my own garden. By taking pictures, I am now able to either look the flower up in a book or take the picture to the nursery and find out what the name is. I took about 50 pictures - everything was SO pretty. I really felt like I'd died and gone to heaven for awhile as I walked the paths and admired the flowers. My dream is to someday have a wonderful flower garden - similar, but on a much smaller scale! My first order of business will be to get good dirt! I have a really good variety of perennials in my beds now, but this summer they didn't fare so well. I worked mornings and by the time I got off work it was too hot to weed, so the weeds kind of took over. After going to Thanksgiving Point, I made time to weed my flower beds and they look much better. We're going to take a good look at the sprinkler system soon to see what flowers I need to move around for next year so the tall ones near the sprinkler heads won't get all the water and keep the others from getting the necessary watering. I do enjoy gardening, and it is relaxing for me to weed and then admire the result of my hard work (and sweat - I hate to sweat!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 comment:
You're awesome Mom! Look at you go. I'm glad you finally figured out all of the blogging details.
Post a Comment