Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Breadmaking with the Football Moms

We have 2 activities planned for this month. The first was to learn how to make bread from Jeannie Dayton and her daughter Mindy Spencer at Jeannie's home. It's a recipe that is made without eggs or milk and we were shown how to make not only bread but breadsticks, cream cheese-filled braids, pizza, among other things. It's really quite easy and I was impressed as to the many different things we can do with that recipe. After being instructed how to do it we then had a chance to use some of the dough and make our own item. I chose to attempt a cream cheese-filled braid. It didn't look as beautiful as the one Jeannie and Mindy made, but after I get the swing of things I'll bet it'll look close. In the meantime, I will enjoy the great taste!

No comments: