Even though Dave had a feeling to drive his car to the Spanish Fork/PG football game Friday night I convinced him to drive the new car. We parked on the street to avoid someone "bumping" into us in the parking lot and denting the car. That way we'd be on top of things and whatever Dave was feeling could be avoided. Ha! I should have listened to his little voice that was trying to tell him to take his car. When we got to the car after the game there were no dents - oh no, just a HUGE scratch that ran across the front hood. We were quite upset when we first saw it - had only had the car about 4½ hours, and we couldn't figure out why someone would deliberately do this to someone's car they didn't even know. However, after having some time to cool down and think about it, and as Jeff pointed out to us - it looks like someone slid across the front (as teenagers are known to do things without having to have a reason!!) and either had a zipper or brush or belt buckle that scraped it. Doubt we'll ever know who did it or why and as we talked about it - we're pretty sure our kids have done something or things just as stupid without even thinking of the consequences. Nothing we can really do about it but get it fixed.So, I took it to a couple of places to get estimates. We're thinking we'll spend about $200 or so on a new paint job. Guess again - unless we're living back about 25 years or so! The 2 estimates - one is for $403, the other is $768. Holy cow - we about croaked. Is it wrong to hope the same thing happens at some time in the future to the person that did this!!
Guess the Lord didn't want me getting too attached to the car. Too late - I love how it drives! Plus - it has a CD player in it and I can listen to my showtunes whenever I want and however loud I want!! Besides - I can't see the blemish when I'm in the car! Kind of reminds me of life - we all know people that have a "blemish" of some kind - physical handicap, mental handicap, etc. but we love them anyway. I know I need to get this one fixed because otherwise it will rust, etc but I kind of like having that reminder that I need to love all people no matter what their circumstances in life.
















No comments:
Post a Comment