One night quite a while ago Brian drove our Nissan Sentra to Wendover. He put oil in the car but somehow forgot to put the oil cap back on and the engine seized up on his way back home. He paid for a new engine and has been driving that car ever since. He's been trying to get it registered but the check engine light keeps coming back on before he could get it to pass safety and emissions. Before he left for Galveston to help with the cleanup of Hurricane Ike he took the car to the dealership to get it fixed once and for all. The bill came to $602. Brie drove it home and the check engine light came back on. The following Sunday we went to Kelbee's Primary program in Lehi and afterwards went to the car to return home. The battery was dead. After a jumpstart from a kind bishopric member we were on our way home. When Brian returned he took the car back in to get fixed - AGAIN. This time it burned up a $500 part and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. He decided not to put any more money into the car. So, he bought himself his first car - a Chevy HHR. He and his friend Adam had rented one in the spring of 2007 and driven out to Ohio and New York before heading to Puerto Rico for the summer. He really liked it then and that was one of the deciding factors as to which car he'd buy. He's very proud of this purchase.
9/19/2010 - Whooee! Seriously has it really been almost 1 year and 4 months since my last post? Well, instead of trying to get all caught up on what's been happening over that time period, I'm going to start with the present and then incorporate postings from time to time of our previous happenings!!
WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
Blogging was something I tried to ignore and thought others who were "into it" were fanatics. It was the furthest thing from my mind as something that would be of interest to me - and I definitely would not accept it as a "leisure activity". I already have too many interests and not enough time to do any of them justice. However, our girls have been after me all summer to start a blog. Yeah right - I don't know how to do anything technologically, unless you take me by the hand and do it for me! However, after much persuasion and determination on their part, I finally succumbed and decided I'd try my hand at it. Wow, it's acutally pretty fun - and addicting. It's also a way to share parts of our lives that are important to us. I find I could include lots and lots of things, but I also don't want to bore those of you that visit this site. So, whenever you have a few moments and want to see what's up with the Clarine's, come join us for a bit and share our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment